Saturday, June 28, 2014

Meet Eleanor "Elly" Leonard

Elly Leonard is paired with Guy Calvert on our InsideOutProject wall because they both are always ready to help people in their community in any way they can. Scroll down this page to learn more about Guy Calvert after you find out about Elly Leonard here.

Elly Leonard


Who is Elly Leonard?

Eleanor "Elly" Leonard will be 87 years in July. She was born in Brooklyn, New York. She and her husband moved to Florida in 1989, but after only 6 years she was widowed. Elly has lived in a condo complex in Stuart for 25 years and everyone there knows her.

"I don't think I do anything that's so special," says Elly. "I just try to help people if I can. I stop in to check on my neighbors. There are many widows in my condo complex who don't drive, so I take them to the store and other places. I bring food to neighbors if I know they're sick or have been in the hospital. I just do little things like that."


Elly's Favorite Quote(s) or Words to Live By:

I've had many good things and many sad things in my life, but I'm thankful for everything. ~ Elly Leonard

What Others Say about Elly:

Elly Leonard is a person who does random acts of kindness all the time with no thought of compensation.  She has been doing this where she lives for 25 years. But I'm sure she's done this all her life. She visits people when they are in the hospital. If she notices someone's garden is neglected because they can't take care of it, she takes care of the garden for them until they'll able to do it again themselves. She's always doing things like this for her neighbors. And she's always smiling, always happy. ~ Kate Lennard

You can find other honorees by clicking on the links below:
Rob Crowder / Curtis Whiticar
Mindi Fetterman / Margie Jordan

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2014 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Suzanne Lieurance said...

People sometimes don't realize how much these little random acts of kindness can mean to those who receive them. You impact lives for the better, Elly. And show us that we all can do this. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home